Table of Content
- City Info
- Where to Stay
- Estimated Daily Cost
- Public Transportations
- Safety Tips for Travelers
Exploring Severn, Maryland: A Hidden Gem near the Nation’s Capital
Located in Anne Arundel County, Severn, Maryland is a charming town that offers a great escape from the bustling city life of nearby Washington, D.C. With its rich history, beautiful landscapes, and a variety of attractions, Severn is the perfect destination for travelers seeking a peaceful yet exciting getaway. In this travel blog article, we will explore the four best locations or neighborhoods to stay in Severn, estimate the daily cost for travelers, delve into public transportation options, provide insights on renting a car, share safety tips for visitors, and answer two frequently asked questions.
Best Locations to Stay
1. Arundel Mills: Arundel Mills is a vibrant neighborhood known for its excellent shopping opportunities. The popular Arundel Mills Mall is a retail paradise, with over 200 stores, an array of dining options, and entertainment facilities like a movie theater and a casino. With multiple well-rated hotels in the area, such as the Live! Casino & Hotel and the Holiday Inn Express, Arundel Mills offers convenience and excitement.
2. Severn Hills: For those seeking a tranquil stay near nature, the Severn Hills neighborhood is the perfect choice. Nestled among rolling hills and picturesque landscapes, this area offers easy access to scenic trails, parks, and golf courses. Several bed and breakfast options, including the charming Severn Hills Farm, offer a homey ambiance and breathtaking views for a relaxing stay.
3. Provinces: Provinces is a historic area of Severn known for its colonial architecture and quaint charm. This neighborhood offers a range of accommodations, including traditional inns and guest houses. Visitors can explore nearby historic sites such as the Provinces Library and the Severn School, while enjoying the neighborhood’s serene ambiance.
4. Meade Village: Located near Fort Meade, Meade Village is a prime spot for those looking for budget-friendly accommodations. The neighborhood offers several affordable hotels and motels, making it an attractive choice for travelers on a tight budget. Its proximity to the National Security Agency (NSA) and the United States Cyber Command also makes it a convenient option for those visiting these institutions.
Estimated Daily Cost for Travelers
Travelers can expect to spend an average of $100 to $150 per day in Severn, Maryland. This estimate includes accommodation, meals, transportation, and entertainment expenses. Please note that prices may vary depending on individual preferences and travel styles.
Public Transportation Options and Renting a Car
While Severn does not have an extensive public transportation system, there are still options for getting around. Visitors can utilize rideshare services like Uber or Lyft, or opt for traditional taxis. Additionally, several car rental agencies operate in the area, providing convenience and flexibility for those who prefer to explore on their own terms.
Safety Tips for Travelers
Severn, being a relatively safe town, offers a pleasant environment for travelers. Nevertheless, it is always wise to follow some basic safety precautions:
1. Keep your belongings secure and avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
2. Stay in well-lit areas, especially at night, and be aware of your surroundings.
3. Use reliable transportation options, especially if traveling alone at night.
4. Research and adhere to any local regulations or guidelines to ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
5. In case of emergencies or concerns, always have the emergency contact numbers for local authorities readily available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Severn, Maryland close to Washington, D.C.?
A: Yes, Severn is located approximately 20 miles south of Washington, D.C., making it easily accessible for day trips or a weekend getaway.
Q: Are there any notable attractions near Severn?
A: Absolutely! Severn is conveniently located near popular attractions such as the National Security Agency (NSA) Visitor Center, the live-action adventure game Breakout Games Columbia, and the charming Historic Savage Mill.
Severn, Maryland offers a delightful combination of history, nature, and modern amenities. Whether you’re seeking a relaxing stay in the midst of beautiful landscapes, a shopping spree, or a budget-friendly escape near Washington, D.C., Severn has something to offer every traveler. Remember to plan your visit to make the most of this hidden gem, and enjoy all the unique experiences this charming town has in store.