Table of Content
- City Info
- Where to Stay
- Estimated Daily Cost
- Public Transportations
- Safety Tips for Travelers
The Best Locations to Stay in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
North Myrtle Beach, located on the beautiful coast of South Carolina, is a captivating destination that offers stunning beaches, thrilling water sports, and a charming coastal atmosphere. With several neighborhoods to choose from, here are four of the best locations to stay in North Myrtle Beach.
1. Cherry Grove Beach
Cherry Grove Beach is renowned for its peaceful atmosphere and natural beauty. This neighborhood is perfect for those seeking a tranquil getaway. Stay in a cozy beachfront cottage or an upscale oceanfront condo, and wake up to the sound of crashing waves. Cherry Grove Beach also offers a fishing pier and excellent access to nearby parks, making it an ideal location for nature lovers.
2. Ocean Drive Beach
Ocean Drive Beach is a vibrant and lively neighborhood that is known for its entertainment options and bustling nightlife. With a wide range of beachfront hotels, cozy motels, and vacation rentals, Ocean Drive Beach offers accommodation to fit any budget. This neighborhood is popular among young travelers and those looking for a fun-filled beach experience.
3. Windy Hill Beach
Windy Hill Beach is a family-friendly neighborhood that provides a peaceful retreat while still offering easy access to popular attractions. This area is home to North Myrtle Beach’s world-class resorts, hotels, and spacious beach houses. With its pristine beaches, charming restaurants, and attractions like the Alabama Theatre, Windy Hill Beach is an excellent choice for families and those seeking a relaxing vacation.
4. Crescent Beach
Crescent Beach is known for its wide, sandy beaches and beautiful ocean views. This neighborhood is a great choice for visitors who want to escape the crowds and enjoy a more laid-back atmosphere. Crescent Beach offers a variety of vacation rentals, condos, and oceanfront resorts. Enjoy long walks on the beach, marvel at stunning sunsets, and take advantage of the close proximity to popular golf courses.
Estimated Daily Cost for Travelers
The daily cost for travelers in North Myrtle Beach may vary depending on your preferences and travel style. On average, here is an estimate of what you can expect to spend during your stay:
– Cherry Grove Beach: $100 to $300+ per night
– Ocean Drive Beach: $90 to $250+ per night
– Windy Hill Beach: $80 to $400+ per night
– Crescent Beach: $80 to $350+ per night
– Breakfast: $8 to $15 per person
– Lunch: $10 to $20 per person
– Dinner: $15 to $40 per person
– Beach equipment rentals: $20 to $30 per day
– Water sports: $50 to $100 per activity
– Golfing: $50 to $150 per round
Please note that these are average estimates and prices may vary depending on the season and individual preferences.
Public Transportation Options and Renting a Car
North Myrtle Beach offers limited public transportation options. The Coast RTA, a regional bus service, operates routes connecting North Myrtle Beach to other areas of the Grand Strand. However, it is worth noting that relying solely on public transportation may limit your mobility.
Renting a car is a popular and convenient option for exploring the North Myrtle Beach area. Several car rental companies operate in the area, and having your own vehicle allows you the freedom to explore at your own pace and visit nearby attractions.
Safety Tips for Travelers
While North Myrtle Beach is generally considered a safe destination, it is always essential to prioritize your safety while traveling. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
1. Pay attention to beach and water safety guidelines. Observe warning flags and ask lifeguards for advice before entering the water.
2. Protect yourself from the sun by wearing sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses. Stay hydrated and seek shade during the hottest parts of the day.
3. Secure your belongings when visiting crowded areas or the beach. Use lockers or keep valuable items out of sight.
4. Practice safe driving and obey local traffic laws. Be aware of pedestrians and cyclists, especially in tourist areas.
5. Take precautions to avoid mosquito bites, especially during the evening hours. Use insect repellent and consider wearing long sleeves and pants.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Are there lifeguards on North Myrtle Beach?
Yes, North Myrtle Beach is known for its highly trained lifeguards who patrol the beaches during peak seasons. They provide safety information and respond to emergencies, ensuring a safe beach experience for visitors.
2. Can I fish on the beaches of North Myrtle Beach?
Yes, fishing is allowed on the beaches of North Myrtle Beach. However, there may be certain guidelines and restrictions, so it is always a good idea to check local regulations and obtain any necessary permits before casting your line.