- City Info
- Where to Stay
- Estimated Daily Cost
- Public Transportations
- Safety Tips for Travelers
Del City, Oklahoma: Exploring the Hidden Gems of the Sooner State
Best Locations to Stay
Tucked away in the heart of Del City, Sunnybrook is a peaceful and family-friendly neighborhood with a range of accommodation options. From cozy bed and breakfasts to modern hotels, visitors can find a comfortable stay at affordable prices. With its close proximity to many attractions, including Trosper Park and Del Crest Shopping Center, Sunnybrook offers convenience and a tranquil atmosphere.
For nature enthusiasts and those seeking serenity, Shadowlake is an ideal choice. This picturesque area is surrounded by lush greenery and a stunning lake. It provides a variety of lodging options, from cabins and vacation rentals to charming lakeside inns. Shadowlake’s proximity to Del City’s major attractions, such as the Oklahoma City Zoo and Bricktown Entertainment District, makes it a sought-after location for travelers.
Located in the heart of Del City, Mid-Del is a vibrant neighborhood that offers a range of accommodation choices for every budget. From budget-friendly motels to well-known hotel chains, visitors can find a comfortable lodging option within walking distance to various eateries and shopping destinations. Mid-Del’s central location also provides easy access to popular tourist spots, such as the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum.
4. Epperly Heights
Epperly Heights is a charming neighborhood known for its friendly ambiance and diverse range of accommodations. From cozy bed and breakfasts to spacious vacation rentals, visitors can find a place to suit their preferences and budget. The district is conveniently located near Interstate 40, offering quick and easy access to downtown Oklahoma City and its numerous attractions, such as the Myriad Botanical Gardens.
Estimated Daily Costs for Travelers
– Budget: $50-80 USD per night for a motel or budget hotel
– Mid-range: $80-150 USD per night for a comfortable hotel or vacation rental
– Luxury: $150+ USD per night for high-end hotels or luxury resorts
– Affordable options: $10-15 USD per meal at local restaurants or fast food chains
– Mid-range dining: $15-30 USD per meal at mid-range restaurants or cafes
– Fine dining: $30+ USD per meal at upscale establishments
– Public transportation: $1.75 USD for a one-way ticket on Del City’s EMBARK buses
– Car rental: $30-50 USD per day for a standard car rental from local agencies
– Admission fees for attractions: $10-25 USD per person
– Guided tours: $50-100 USD depending on the duration and type of tour
Public Transportation Options and Rental Cars
Del City offers various transportation options to help travelers explore the area conveniently. The EMBARK bus system serves the city and neighboring regions, providing an affordable and reliable option for getting around. A one-way ticket costs $1.75 USD, and daily, weekly, and monthly passes are also available.
Alternatively, renting a car is a popular choice for those wanting more flexibility. Several car rental agencies operate in Del City, offering competitive rates starting from $30 USD per day. Whether travelers prefer self-guided explorations or wish to venture beyond the city, renting a car allows for convenient access to attractions and more remote locations.
Safety Tips for Travelers
– Familiarize yourself with the local emergency numbers and important contacts before your trip.
– Take necessary precautions when exploring unfamiliar areas, especially at night. Stick to well-lit and crowded places.
– Secure your belongings and valuables, and avoid displaying expensive items in public.
– Stay informed of any travel advisories or alerts issued for the region you are visiting.
– Be mindful of your surroundings and follow any local guidelines or rules.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Del City a safe destination for tourists?
Del City, like any other city, has its own set of safety considerations. However, overall, it is a relatively safe destination for tourists. It is always recommended to take general safety precautions, such as being aware of your surroundings and securing your belongings.
2. How far is Del City from downtown Oklahoma City?
Del City is located just a few miles east of downtown Oklahoma City. The distance between the two is approximately six miles, and it takes around 15 minutes by car to reach downtown, depending on traffic. Public transportation options, such as buses, are also available for travelers who prefer not to drive.